Monday, August 3, 2009

Does a local Printer keep a memory of things printed?

I have a small little black-white text printer that I use off-line to print out important documents that I don't want to keep on line. However, I also use this printer when I travel on business and use shared network connections. So, can the stuff I printed at home a few days ago be accessed by my colleagues later or once you print a document does it disappear forever from the printer memory or que?
Does a local Printer keep a memory of things printed?
The printer does not store print jobs (most printers) unless this is a feature built into the printer.





Once you send a print job from your computer to the printer, it is temporarily saved to the printers memory. Once the job is printed, it is purged/removed from the printer memory and isn't saved for later printing.





Commercial model printers have the ability to save documents such as OCE, HP and Xerox, but most consumer printers don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment