Monday, August 3, 2009

I keep getting a pop up that says that a "USB device is not recognized" on my desktop, how can I make it stop?

I believe it may have something to do with the fact that I have a broken USB port on my computer and there are no drivers installed for it. It doesn't matter that the USB port is broken I just want to make the pop up bubble go away and I can't figure out how. Please help :(
I keep getting a pop up that says that a "USB device is not recognized" on my desktop, how can I make it stop?
Well, the quick answer is.... stop using that port.





If you NEED a port and no others are available, you could always buy a peripheral with USB ports. They're fairly cheap nowadays and are dirt simple to install.
I keep getting a pop up that says that a "USB device is not recognized" on my desktop, how can I make it stop?
In windows xp you can go to,


Control panel/system/hardware/device manager


Under the universal serial ports link and right click on which ever one or all and disable the ports. If you need to use the port just go back and enable it.


1 comment:

  1. nice blog thanks for sharing keep it:-
    Get complete support for your computers, laptops, printers,network security, software errors etc by certified tech-experts of We24Support immediately at toll free no 1 888 399 9656; active throughout 24/7/365 via remote assistance.

    ReplyDelete