Monday, August 3, 2009

My HDD stopped working, how can i get the information out cheap?

I have a Samsung Spinpoint F1 Terabyte drive (HD103UJ) and it was working fine while i was transferring files to ix up some issues on the hdd i was originally working on. i was slow about moving things back thinking i had a nice new back up and it just died on me. The disks don't want to spin anymore, bios won't recognize it, and it's trapped all my files. I'd rather get it to work again, but any options for data recovery that are cheap?
My HDD stopped working, how can i get the information out cheap?
Stuff's NOT cheap at all to get data recovered from a burnt out drive, even if it is retrieved, it may be corrupted and doing this runs from about 200-500$





I know exactly how you feel, loosing all of my data SUCKS and its happened to me about 2-3 times now.





Now i have a western digital passport to back up all of my data on
My HDD stopped working, how can i get the information out cheap?
I wouldnt give up on it yet. Try purchasing an inexpensive 3.5" SATA hard drive enclosure. It connects as an external drive via USB. You may get lucky by having a working drive to recover your data.

lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment