Monday, April 20, 2009

Can i put more ram in my laptop? I have a compaq presario c774?

is it possible to put more ram in my compaq presario c774? its currently got 1GB, but i want to put more in, maybe 2GB? i know i have to find out what kind and how much it can take, but its all pretty complicated, can someone tell me?





any idea were i can get ram and how much it costs (in australia?)





Also ive heard that putting more ram in your laptop can make it get really hot, if i added more ram would i be running the risk of burning up my laptop and killing it?
Can i put more ram in my laptop? I have a compaq presario c774?
It is absolutely possible to upgrade your internal RAM. It may make it warmer to the touch but the computer will be fine. My macintosh laptop gets so hot I can%26#039;t have it on my lap, even with jeans on.. Sometimes macintosh cables melt themselves, but Mac says it%26#039;s normal wear and tear..





If the computer isn%26#039;t warm I%26#039;d be more concerned than if it was. Machines radiate heat, a by product of their operational status. so maybe, the more heat its putting out the better its working?
Can i put more ram in my laptop? I have a compaq presario c774?
Go to http://www.crucial.com/ and use their system scanner tool - it will tell you what type of RAM you need, and how much your system can take.





This site will give you an idea of Australian costs :-





http://www.upgradeable.com.au/





As far as putting extra RAM in a laptop making it run hot, I%26#039;ve not heard of that one. It may cause wierd rebooting/freezing issues if you put in mismatched RAM though.
Reply:Hi


Yes you can insert more ram in your model max is 2GB. This should not overheat your machine as long as you keep the fans free from dust. Click this link for your computer specs.http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...


If you download this article with Adobe reader this will explain how to fit the extra ram.


http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01...


Make sure you get the same spec ram module that you already have installed.


Try ebay you will get idea of prices there and possibly a good deal.


Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment