Monday, April 20, 2009

How do I disable the PCI Express video card on my Dell Dimension?

I%26#039;ve seen several similar questions and I understand why the consensus says that using my dedicated video card would be better. HOWEVER, I%26#039;m waiting for a new cooling fan %26amp; I would like to switch back to the integrated video card without having to physically take out the card.





There are only two BIOS options: Auto and PCI. Both options are defaulting to the dedicated video card. I have an e-GeForce 7600GS.... any ideas before the video card burns itself out?
How do I disable the PCI Express video card on my Dell Dimension?
your cheap dell motherboard (and any motherboard in a pre built computer from a company as far as i know) has a ridiculously small amount of options and features, unfortunately, pulling out the dedicated card is most likely the only option
How do I disable the PCI Express video card on my Dell Dimension?
try go to


Control Panel%26gt; System%26gt; Hardware(tab)%26gt;


Device Manager%26gt;





find your video card from the list





then Right Click %26gt; Properties





at Device Usage Dropdown list %26gt;Choose Do not use this device (Disable)





you will see red cross when finished.


^_^ Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment