Monday, April 20, 2009

My cd drive isn't working?

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 a week ago and the cd rom drive worked fine until today. Whenever I insert a cd or dvd, it says %26quot;Insert a disc.%26quot; I don%26#039;t know what the problem is. I checked the device and it said it was fine.
My cd drive isn%26#039;t working?
Hmm, hard to say. Could be a defective drive most likely... your best bet would be to call Dell directly, you are definately under warrantly still...
My cd drive isn%26#039;t working?
the problem is likely caused by either the drive being faulty, or the lens being dirty. another possible fault is that you have a virtual disk drive installed and your accidentally clicking that instead of the actual drive, or the actual drive has become hidden, in that case, whoever installed it and didnt tell you about needs a clout round the head (if the lens is dirty after a week, there%26#039;s something wrong going on too) but definitely get dell on the phone, shouldn%26#039;t be having problems with anything this soon
Reply:My recommendation is to contact Dell Support. The %26quot;Insert a disc%26quot; behaviour does indicate some sort of hardware failure with the drive.





The drive can still be responding to some system requests, which would allow the computer to *think* it was fine, but the reality is that it doesn%26#039;t read discs.





If I recall correctly, all Inspiron Support is handled outside of North America. I have had much better luck with communicating with Inspiron Support Reps via Dell%26#039;s Chat Support. You can initiate a chat here:





http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...


No comments:

Post a Comment