Monday, April 20, 2009

I have an Acer Travelmate 4200 laptop, it came with 512mb of RAM, I bought 4 GB of new Ram,is this too much?

Yes itz too much. this laptop will support only 2 GB
I have an Acer Travelmate 4200 laptop, it came with 512mb of RAM, I bought 4 GB of new Ram,is this too much?
no such thing as too much RAM especially for proffessional work-loads for things like animation/ audio mixing/Motion picture/video editing/gaming..





if it won%26#039;t all fit in your computer.. get a new system! :)





A computer generation lasts only 4-6 months and computers should be replaced every 2 years anyway.. 4 or 5 generations before they are worthless and completely outdated!





My G5 tower can take up to 8gigs of RAM.. I have 4 in now and I could use more.. but I use my computer for rendering proffesional CGI and for editing and mixing/mastering feature length films.. rendering takes huge amounts of RAM and so does running multiple programs at the same time like ProTools, Avid, DVDStudio Pro and Aftereffects as an example for an average workload..
I have an Acer Travelmate 4200 laptop, it came with 512mb of RAM, I bought 4 GB of new Ram,is this too much?
yah... it is too much...
Reply:just a quickie, have you bought the correct type ram for the laptop as it is different compared to desktop pc ram, the modules are a different size


No comments:

Post a Comment