Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gaming Computer help. Choosing Parts.?

Hey I am building a gaming computer and I just need some advice from people with top gaming computers.


My budget is $2400.00 (Australian Dollars) MAX.


I have chosen the following parts:


- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHZ


- XFX 780i SLI OR ASUS 780i SLI mother board


- 4GB DDR2 800MHZ 5-5-5-15 RAM


- 320GB 7200RPM SATA II Hard Drive


- 9800GX2 Graphics card (A Beauty)


- 20X DVD Rewriter


- 22" 5ms-8000:1 LG LCD Monitor


- OCZ 1010W SLI Power Supply


- Antec 900 Gaming Case


- Logitech G5 Mouse


- Black Media Keyboard (No need for Logitech G15)





The reason I have included a 1010W power supply is because I want to eventually upgrade to have two 9800GX2's working in SLI.


Are the motherboards I listed good ones? Are there any problems with my plan? E.g. 1010W isnt enough or I don't need that expensive motherboard??





What parts would you get if you have $2400 AUD? (Convert it to your own currency)





Any recommendations /advice??


I would hugely appreciate it!


Thanks


Jake


-
Gaming Computer help. Choosing Parts.?
Not bad.





I recommend getting the EVGA 750i motherboard which is a great overclocker SLI motherboard.





Also, look into the Western Digital 640GB drives, they are very fast and at a great price.





Make sure you get a Pioneer DVD writer, trust me. :)





I agree the 9800GX2 is great, but the new GTX 280's are coming out soon, so save your money and get a 8800GT in the meantime.





Oh, and that PSU is overkill. Look into the Corsair hx620.





If you need more help, visit me here: http://www.forum.cyb3rglitch.com/





:)
Gaming Computer help. Choosing Parts.?
Agreeing with cyb3r. Read the reviews for that 790i's ... sooooooo many custom configs you must do in order to get it working.





Also, with your budget, cant you afford better? Newegg just ended their sale of a 1TB Raptor (10,000 rpm) sata 2 drive for $150. Look around as this is your only small weak link.

fruit gift baskets

1 comment:

  1. I recently visited your blog (http://2hardware.blogspot.com/2009/07/gaming-computer-help-choosing-parts.html)and found it quite interesting .I have website that has deals with the same subject. Therefore, exchanging content links with your blog i would help to generate traffic and gain maximum backlinks. If you are interested with my proposal please mail me at (jeniffertech@gmail.com)

    Best regards!
    Jeniffer

    ReplyDelete