Friday, July 31, 2009

What does the error message media test failure mean?

I forget the entire message but here's what happens. I can go to youtube, pull up a video. Suddenly the computer freezes, then I get a blue screen which quickly blanks off and turns to a black screen. The black screen says the Media Test failure message. Either when I'm watching video or listening to music files is when I have this issue. From there, I can't select enter or escape. The computer will just restate the message. I have to reboot from the power button which works fine. It's not daily either. All other functions are fine. Does anyone know what this is? It's a compaq presario purchased a couple years ago. Is my baby dying? :(
What does the error message media test failure mean?
Blue Screen error happens because of following reasons.





1. Bad memory.





2. Bad VGA or AGP memory.





3. Memory or boot partition virus.





4. Intrupt signal clash.





5. Hardware conflict.








In your case it sounds that you have a bad memory. Change the memory or upgrade the memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment