Friday, July 31, 2009

My Windows XP wont let me choose standyby mode?

My computer crashed, and after re-installing windows xp it works again, but won't let me choose standby mode, therefore my laptop wont go into standby mode after being idle for a while. Its sucking up my battery life and is really annoying. I can only choose log off or shut down, and the yellow stand by button is sort of "shadowed" out and unclickable. Help please!
My Windows XP wont let me choose standyby mode?
I had this problem and I know it's exact solution


It's 100% working





Use the motherboard driver CD and install your graphics card drivers.





If not possible


1. Go to start menu


2. Type dxdiag


3. Press Enter


4. Go to display section


5. Look at the top left corner


6. There you will find the name of your graphics card


7. Try googling for it's drivers


8. Download and install them


9. Reboot your laptop


10. After reboot choose to turn off your PC


11. You will find the stand-by option enabled
My Windows XP wont let me choose standyby mode?
power options - in display properties. adjust setting
Reply:You have not installed your motherboard drivers, have you?


If you have not, it is the main reason. If you have used a standard XP CD for reinstalling windows instead of the laptop's standard recovery, then your mother board is not installed properly.





OR there was a problem installing the motherboard drivers. Try reinstalling your mother board drivers again.

purchase flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment