Friday, July 31, 2009

Windows 2000 doesn't detect that it's a MS mouse if i use a PS2-Multi-PC Controller, so the scroll button does

not work... :(





I use W2K %26amp; a MS IntelliMouse Optical %26amp; a PS2-Multi-PC controller. With an adapter from USB to PS2 to the controller. At the computer back side another adapter from PS2 to USB (the modern PC doesn't have PS2 ports).


I used both IntelliPoint5 and v6. But when i open mouse in the control panel, it says: 'Some settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology'. There, a stupid ad for Bluetooth mice and a spelling error, but this error information doesn't help much...





I think the multi-PC controller would just send ALL signals through, but apparantly it isn't... Is that solvable?





If i use the same mouse directly on the USB-port, the scroll-button works. If i use the mouse via the controller, it doesn't. That's the problem. I HAVE to use a multi-PC controller, otherwise i need 4 mice since i have 4 computers connected at the monitor. I can't have 4 mice on my desk...


No comments:

Post a Comment