Saturday, July 25, 2009

Will these programs work on an iMac?

I'm going to buy an iMac, I'm currently using a PC and never used an imac before. Just want to check that all my regular programs will work on the iMac:





Windows Live Mail


MSN/Chat


last.fm


Notepad
Will these programs work on an iMac?
Mac does not have Windows live Mail, i'm not even sure it is supported, BUT mac does have iMail, that can be used to access your emails.





For MSN, yes there is a mac version.





What is last.fm ?





Notepad nope, but Mac does have this program called TextEdit, works the same as notepad :)
Will these programs work on an iMac?
Windows Live Mail - Definate no, otherwise it would be iMac Live Mail -drumcymbals-





Otherwise, I have no idea.
Reply:MSN/Chat is available for Mac.





But I use a program called Adium which runs almost every chat client flawlessly. For example I can use MSN, AIM, Yahoo at the same time, and multiple accounts.





Mac OS X comes with a program called TextEdit, it's basically the same thing as wordpad or notepad. I'm not sure if Notepad is included in Microsoft Office, but that is also available for OS X (it's also said to function better on a Mac than on Windows Vista right now.. Go figure.)





Last FM I'm not familiar with.. Sorry!





Hope this helps!





Edit: I went to the Last.FM website and it worked for me.. I'm on a MBP..





Also, if you really need Windows, you can run it in bootcamp which comes pre loaded in all new Macs. It runs at native speed too so performance is almost exactly the same as it would be on a traditional PC.. There's other software that allows you to do this but Bootcamp works the best IMO.

azalea tree

No comments:

Post a Comment