Friday, July 31, 2009

My laptop wont read my usb external drive?

when i plug my usb drive.it does not appear inside "MY COMPUTER".normally it should appear as removable disk..i tried to repair my os (winxp pro) but it did ot help.i also tried to intall the drivers and utilities..but no success.i can also safely reomove it from my taskbar,but it does not show inside MY CMPUTER.....what could be the problem?
My laptop wont read my usb external drive?
try running it through run (ctrl+r) and type in /E or /F or wherever you placed your flashdrive.
My laptop wont read my usb external drive?
Right click on My Computer and hit Manage.





In the new window, go to Disk Management.





Locate your usb drive. It will be listed without a Letter mapped to it. Right click on the drive and select change/assign drive letter.





Use any letter not being used.
Reply:right click my computer and click manage


click the disk management and see if you can find(visually) your external drive there... right click on it if it's there and select "change driver letter and paths"





assign it a different letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment